As we head into summer, the job market may not seem as broad, but there are many employers who are hiring in large numbers as a response to the pandemic. Many of these positions are temporary/seasonal, but they are a great opportunity to gain experience and income in the coming months.
No matter which type of opportunity you seek, there are open positions at all levels. Check out a few new positions just posted in Hire a Red Hawk:
- Campus Recreation, Lifeguards
- Receive a FREE certification if you complete the swim test and can work at least 14 hours a week during the summer. Already certified? Apply for part-time or full-time hours. Full-time staff will receive free summer housing!
- Campus Recreation, Student Leaders
- All student hires without prior experience will be considered for the Facilities Assistant position. Those with certifications and/or experience in Fitness, Aquatics, Sports and Marketing can be considered for other positions. Application is for all open opportunities.
- Center for Student Involvement, Program Manager
- In this position, students will serve as the overseeing manager representing the Center for Student Involvement at day, evening and weekend events and programming. Application closes on Wednesday, April 29 at 12 p.m.
Summer Jobs and Internships
- To apply for these jobs:
- Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account.
- Click Jobs > Search on the left hand navigation.
- Enter the posting number (listed next to the job title below) in the search bar and click Search.
- Ramapo for Children, Camp Counselor (8498)
- 50 openings!
- Montclair News Lab, News Lab Intern (8666)
- 8 openings!
- Generali Employee Benefits, Captive Desk Support (10225)
- 2 openings!
- GENEWIZ, Intern, IT Network (10256)
- Ramapo for Children, Camp Counselor (8498)
- Amazing Deliveries, Delivery Driver (10300)
- 10 openings!
- Democracy Prep, Secondary Bilingual Teacher (10263)
- Revature, Entry Level Software Engineers (10289)
- Shift Markets, Visual Designer (10302)
- GENEWIZ, Associate Scientist, Next Generation Sequencing (10261)
Continue to check Hire a Red Hawk throughout the summer to search and apply for jobs and internships.
“We’ve Got You Covered” Webinar Series
Career Services will host one more Zoom webinar before the year is up to ensure your job search and interview skills stay sharp. Webinars are open to both current students and alumni:
LinkedIn Tips and Tricks: Tuesday, May 5, 11-11:45 a.m.
- LinkedIn gives us unprecedented access to people, employers and opportunities. Attend this webinar to learn how to best leverage LinkedIn.
If you missed the Job Searching webinar or last week’s Phone and Video Interviewing webinar, don’t panic! We have both webinars recorded and posted for you on Career Services’ YouTube channel. Watch and Learn.
Career Services will continue to push new online workshops and webinars on social media, Hire a Red Hawk and HawkSync as they come available, so be sure to follow us to keep updated!
Webinar: Bureau of ATF – Newark Field Division!
Join the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive to learn about different career paths within ATF as well as various opportunities. Thursday, April 30, 1-2 p.m. Register Now.
Let your Accomplishments Shine
You’ve worked hard this past year; make sure that is reflected on your resume and public professional profiles! Add any new activities and experiences as well as skills and competencies you have gained or strengthened. Include relevant coursework and update your GPA!
Need help developing your resume and/or creating your LinkedIn or Hire a Red Hawk profiles? Visit these resources:
Hone Your Presentation
First impressions go a long way! Oftentimes, an employer will begin forming an opinion of you before you even exchange “Hello’s,” and this is doubly so in the virtual climate. Make sure that opinion is favorable by presenting a professional image on your LinkedIn and Hire a Red Hawk Profiles.
- An up-to-date LinkedIn profile is essential; it is the first opportunity for the employer to match your face with your achievements. Make sure your picture and profile present your best side.
- Moving forward, more employers will be conducting video interviews to select candidates. Mock Interviews in Hire a Red Hawk is a free, online tool designed to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. This feature allows you to video-record your answers and submit the recordings for feedback.