Registration is now available for the Fall 2020 Career Fair, to be held virtually on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 1-4 p.m. Registration is free for all University departments. We encourage you to register if you are seeking student assistants and/or federal work study students for this academic year.
With our new virtual career fair platform, you can easily video chat with students from all majors! New to virtual career fairs? Attend one of the upcoming online trainings in September to help you navigate our new virtual career fair platform and take a look around the platform by viewing the quick tour link below.
- September Trainings: Virtual Career Fairs for Employers
- Quick Tour of Virtual Career Fairs for Employers
Our online registration process through Hire a Red Hawk makes registering for this event simple and fast! View the Event Details and Register.
Please Note: When registering use your department name as the “Organization Name.”
Why Hire Student Workers?
Student employment is a win-win. Students can earn extra cash while gaining work experience and real-world skills. University supervisors not only contribute to students’ professional development, but they increase productivity in their departments.
There are Two Types of On-campus Jobs
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a form of financial assistance provided to students through part-time employment. Here is what you need to know about hiring a FWS student:
- FWS positions are federally funded for up to $1,500. Departments are only responsible for funding a FWS position once those funds have been exhausted.
- Departments can set a FWS position’s responsibilities, hours per week and wage. However, the position cannot exceed 20 hours per week and the wage must meet New Jersey minimum wage requirements.
- Students must have FWS funds available to be eligible to apply for a FWS position.
Student Assistant is a part-time job for students who do not qualify for FWS. Here is what you need to know about hiring a student assistant:
- Student assistant positions are funded through your department’s budget.
- Student assistants cannot work in excess of 20 hours per week.
- To be eligible:
- Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum of nine (9) credits per semester.
- Graduate students must maintain a minimum of six (6) credits per semester.
- All students must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to your participation in the Fall 2020 Career Fair!