In this difficult job market, internships are essential. Co-ops and internships provide you with an opportunity to experience the world of professional work and explore your career choices. In addition to developing and refining the career-readiness skills that make you a marketable job seeker, internships allow you to beef up your resume AND expand your professional network.
Why is it important to build your professional network? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, at least 70% of all jobs are filled through networking. Co-ops and internships can lead to new and exciting opportunities that may not have otherwise been available.
Search for Spring and Summer Internships Today!
Thousands of employers use Hire a Red Hawk to recruit Montclair State University students! Searching for internships is easy and an account has already been generated for you. Simply log into your Hire a Red Hawk account via NEST, using your University NetID and password. Then:
- Click Jobs on your left-hand navigation
- Choose Search for Co-ops/Internships from the drop-down menu.*
* You must first upload your resume in Hire a Red Hawk to be reviewed and approved by your assigned Director of Career Services. Once approved, you will be able to apply for jobs and internships in the system.
Sample of Internships
- Quest Diagnostics, Organizational Effectiveness Internship: HR Focus (11353)
- Center for Digital Humanities (MSU): Spring 2021 Grant Writing Intern (11280)
- Madison Square Garden Company: MSG Entertainment 2021 Summer Student Associate Program (11364)
- Verizon: Cyber Security Intern Summer 2021 (11178)
Intern in Washington D.C.
The Washington Center: Gain great experience working in areas such as government, health and human services, science, education, the arts, politics and public administration. The program offers virtual internships and limited in-person positions.
- Spring 2021 application deadline: Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- Summer 2021 application deadline: Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Interested? Schedule an appointment with Annie Lobb, Coordinator of Cooperative Education and Internships, to discuss eligibility and the application process.
Earn Academic Credit for Internships
If you and your internship meet the requirements for the University’s co-op program, you may be eligible to earn academic credit for your internship experience. You should work directly with the Career Services office in your school/college to determine if co-op is right for you. To get started, sign into your Hire a Red Hawk account, then:
- Schedule an Appointment with your Career Services Office.
- RSVP for an Upcoming Co-Op/Internship Information Session.
- Virtual Graduate School Open House: Sunday, October 25, 10 a.m. – 5:40 p.m. CVS Health Retail Management Internship and Post-Grad Virtual Info Sessions: Tuesday, October 27, 4 p.m.
- Webinar: T. Howard Foundation Info Session: Wednesday, October 28, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Virtual New Jersey Law Admissions Day: Wednesday, October 28, 1:30-4 p.m.