As you plan your spring and summer professional development goals, now is a great time to reflect on the career resources that are available to you. Check out the resources below:
Focus-2 is an online tool that allows you to assess your values, skills and interests and explore compatible career fields and major areas of study. Take the Focus-2 assessment today! (access code = Redhawk)
Workshops and Information Sessions
Career Services will continue to offer webinars and information sessions throughout the semester. Sign into your Hire a Red Hawk account, then click Career Events on the left-hand navigation.
- DEA Information Session: Monday, November 9, 12-1 p.m., Online (registration ends today).
- NJ Transit Information Session: Monday, November 9, 1-2 p.m., Online (registration ends today).
- Upcycle Information Session: Tuesday, November 10, 12-1 p.m., Online.
Search and Apply for Jobs and Internships
Did you know that over 4,500 employers have a Hire a Red Hawk account? On- and off-campus employers post jobs and internships to Hire a Red Hawk every week. To begin searching for opportunities, sign into your Hire a Red Hawk account using your netid and password (same as CANVAS), then click Jobs > Search on the left-hand navigation.
The more you diversify your job search, the more likely you are to find opportunities that suit your interests. View a List of Other Job Search Engines.
Explore Occupations and Industries
You can easily explore the projected growth rate, the national average salary and typical responsibilities for occupations. Simply log into your Hire a Red Hawk account and click the Career Explorer tool under Resources.
Meet with a Career Counselor
Your career services office can help you with resume critique, interview techniques, co-ops and internships, and more! Log into Hire a Red Hawk to make an appointment with your designated career services office today!
Having trouble making an appointment? Watch this short video for step-by-step instructions for booking a career appointment.
Career Tools On-The-Go
Want to access career resources on-the-go? We’ve got you covered.
- Manual or Automatic: What Gears are Driving YOUR Career is Montclair State’s career services podcast. Hear Jeff Poulos and Adam Mayer discuss all things career, such as screen fatigue, tattoos in the workplace, salary negotiations and more! Listen and Subscribe!
- On-Demand Workshops allow you to watch recorded webinars when it’s convenient for you. Need help writing your resume? Preparing for an upcoming interview? Our webinars cover a wide range of career development topics. Watch Now!
- Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account from your phone! Download the Symplicity Careers and Jobs app to quickly search, filter and apply for jobs right from your phone! You can also use the app to schedule counseling appointments, RSVP to events and see career fair event details and booth maps, all while on the go! Download the App Now!