Use your winter break to your advantage by continuing to search and apply for jobs and internships. In December and January, several on-campus employers open spring applications for on-campus jobs and internships. Additionally, off-campus employers hire for seasonal, part-time and internship positions.
Opportunities You Don’t Want to Miss
To apply for these jobs:
- Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account.
- Click Jobs > Search on the left hand navigation.
- Enter the posting number (listed next to the job title of the items below) in the search bar and click Search.
Montclair State Undergraduate Admissions, Peer Mentor Graduate Student Worker (11548)
- The Peer Mentor Graduate Student Worker will serve as the coordinator for the program, managing logistics, communicating regularly with peer mentors, troubleshooting issues and monitoring key success metrics for the program. This position is for a long-term project that will run from December 2020 through September 2021. Interested applicants should be prepared to commit to the full term of the project.
Montclair State Department of Justice Studies, Program and Social Media FWS Student (11684)
- Student will assist in outreach efforts to employers and students by creating and updating engaging content for social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube), including video and email publications, as well as providing education on internship requirements.
Montclair State Academic Success Center, Graduate Student Office Assistant (11648)
- The Graduate Student Office Assistant will provide support to the Academic Support Center in areas of administration, organization, preparation and presentation of ASC programs and services, and assist in the coordination and planning of the University placement testing and assessment program as well as non-Montclair State students testing for a variety of distance learning programs.
Before You Go…
CVS Health Retail Management Internship and Post-Grad Virtual Info Sessions:
Stop in to virtually connect one-on-one with a member of our University Relations team about Retail Management internship and post-graduation opportunities within CVS Health! Whether you are interested in summer internship opportunities in management and leadership, or are ready to explore post-graduation possibilities as a Retail Store Manager, CVS will help connect you with the opportunities to kick-start your future career: Saturday, December 12, 2:30 p.m.
The New Jersey Covid Service Corps (NJCSC) AmeriCorps Program:
AmeriCorps is recruiting graduating seniors, recent graduates, and graduate students to participate in this new program that seeks to provide covid response throughout the state of New Jersey. This opportunity works to connect our students to service in capacities that help to serve communities across the state and develop personal and professional goals. Interested candidates must email a resume and cover letter identifying why this opportunity would be meaningful to them to Jessica Pichardo at email@example.com. Positions are available until filled, please send your application for consideration as soon as possible.
Reflect on Your 2020 Accomplishments
You’ve worked hard this past year – make sure that is reflected on your resume and public professional profiles! Add any new activities and experiences, as well as skills and competencies you have gained or strengthened. Include relevant coursework and update your GPA!
Need help developing your resume and/or creating your Linkedin or Hire a Red Hawk profiles? Visit these resources:
- Complete your Hire a Red Hawk profile.
- Create and upload your resume in Hire a Red Hawk.
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist.
The Center for Career Services will be closed beginning on Friday, December 25, 2020 and will reopen on Monday, January 4, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.