Winter break is the perfect time for you to start making mental health a priority in your life and what better way than through the services we offer at Montclair State?! The good news is, you don’t even have to wait until the semester begins on Monday, February 8. There are resources, workshops and online apps availble for you to access now!
Start the new year off by talking it out! Let’s TeleTalk has already started back up and provides easy access to informal, confidential one-on-one consultations with Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) counselors. Drop-in hours are offered via Zoom five days a week at nine different times. Zoom in for support this week! See Spring Schedule.
Recovery Room is an informal group for students looking to explore their relationship with alcohol and/or other drugs or self identify as in recovery and are seeking resources and peer support in a safe and affirming recovery-friendly environment. This group is only open to currently enrolled Montclair State University students who are in recovery from alcohol or other drugs or actively seeking recovery support resources. We will resume our bi-weekly meetings over the winter break on Tuesday, January 5, 3-4 p.m., Zoom. Can’t make it on Tuesdays? We also meet on Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., Zoom.
Peer Body Project
Join the Office of Health Promotion for the Peer Body Project – a body acceptance workshop to discuss our culture of unattainable beauty ideals and how those ideals affect us, with the aim to improve your personal body image and empower body image activists! This interactive, student-led discussion group will talk about the impact of standards of beauty consisting of two separate two-hour sessions on Friday, January 22 and Friday January 29, 12-2 p.m. Email Elizabeth O’Connell at email@example.com for more information or to register. Improve Your Body Image!
- TAO Connect: Online services for you! Start feeling better now.
- MSU Cares: Feeling stressed or alone? Let us know.
- Just In Case App: Download the Just In Case (JIC) App to quickly access support on your mobile device this new year!
- MiResource: Search for mental health providers in your local area for support.
- Online Screening: Take a free, anonymous mental health screening today!
- Medication Drop Box: Permanent on-campus medication disposal site designed to provide a safe place to discard old or unused prescription drugs that could be dangerous to others and harmful if introduced to the environment.