Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) and the Office of Health Promotion (HP) want the best for our community and hope everyone takes advantage of support at Montclair State. No matter what, we’re here for you! Visit us virtually for one-on-one confidential support at Let’s TeleTalk, register for online self-help with TAO Connect or drop into one of our weekly groups via Zoom for Montclair State students:
- Connecting Across Cultures
- Coping 101
- Empathy and Connection
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Mosaic Women
- Parenting in Recovery
- Recovery Room
Other Mental Health Resources for You
- MSU Cares: Feeling stressed? Alone? Having trouble in class? Let us know.
- Just In Case App: Download the Just In Case (JIC) App to quickly access support on your mobile device!
- Online Screening: Take a free, anonymous mental health screening today!
- The Health Promotion Drop In Center is Open: Visit us in person, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Our student staff is here to provide you peer health education, information, resource and referral services.
- Studio DIY – Take and Make Edition: Tap into your creative side and join us for various Do-It-Yourself activities. There are a wide range of benefits from crafting such as reducing anxiety and stress, boosting confidence and improving memory, problem-solving and concentration.
- Graduate Get-Together: The Graduate Get-Together is a student-led space for expression or casual conversation during stressful times. Open to all currently enrolled graduate students. Each month we will be exploring a different theme.
- Brain Break: Take a moment or two through the day to pause and reset. Short breaks throughout the day can help increase your focus, productivity and boost your mood. Available on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube.
Got Questions? CAPS Is Here to Help
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, call CAPS during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) at 973-655-5211. For emergencies or urgent issues after hours (including nights, weekends, holiday breaks and weather closings), call 973-655-5211 and select OPTION 2 to be connected to a counselor. We Are Here For You.
You can also email questions to Careteam@montclair.edu.