Career Services offers a wide array of programming and resources designed to help you connect with employers to grow your network, apply for exciting jobs and internships, and hear what it’s really like to work in specific industries. It’s never too early – or too late – to take advantage of these career services offerings.
Upcoming Events – Open to All Majors
- Beginning Your Career: An Alumni Panel: Tuesday, March 30, 6 p.m., Online.
- Virtual Career Fairs – A Quick Tour: Wednesday, March 31, 11-11:45 a.m., Online.
- CART Employer Series: Concepts TV: Wednesday, March 31, 2-3 p.m., Online.
- Disney College Program Info Session: Thursday, April 1, 1-2 p.m., Online.
- Applicant Tracking Systems (Campus to Career Credit): Thursday, April 8, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Online.
Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fair
Employers are gearing up to hire summer interns and recent graduates for full-time positions. Employers from a variety of industries will be participating in our upcoming virtual career fair. Join this virtual career fair to video chat with employers such as ABC Television Group, Hackensack Meridian Health, Boys and Girls Club, New York Life and more! Employers will be hiring for full-time and internship positions. Registration is required. Register for the Fair!
- Wednesday, April 21
- 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Online via Hire a Red Hawk
5 Tips to Prepare for the Fair
- Get Familiar with Virtual Career Fairs: Attend one of our upcoming webinars for a quick tour of how to navigate virtual career fairs, including updating your Video Chat Profile and joining employer chat queues.
- Upload Your Resume to Hire a Red Hawk: Receive feedback and approval from your career services office at least one week before the Fair. You will not be able to apply to jobs or share your resume in the system without receiving approval from Career Services in your college of study. Review can take 3-5 business days.
- Check out the Employer List before the Fair: Select the ones with whom you want to speak. Mark your favorite employers by clicking on the “Interested” star icon, so that they will display at the top of your list. Create a quick elevator pitch to explain who you are and why you’re interested in that company. Make sure to do your research if you want to impress!
- Practice Video Chats with Mock Interview: All chats are video chats, so practice getting comfortable and looking into the camera with Mock Interviews in Hire a Red Hawk. Make sure to select a place that is quiet, has good lighting, and that doesn’t have a background that is too busy, messy or unprofessional.
- Pick out a Professional Outfit: You may be participating from home, but the employers are still going to see you, so wear something that looks nice and makes you feel confident. Check out Career Services’ online Suit-Up Event with JCPenney for deep discounts on professional attire. To receive your Extra 30% off coupon, text REDHAWK to 67292. Coupon remains valid until Sunday, May 2, 2021.
Jobs and Internships in Hire a Red Hawk
Search and apply for jobs and internships in Hire a Red Hawk! Below are a few that have been added this week. To apply for these jobs either click on the links provided or:
- Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account.
- Click Jobs > Search on the left hand navigation.
- Enter the posting number (listed next to the job title below) in the search bar and click Search.
- Ben Samuels Children’s Center: Student Teaching Assistant (7030)
- Campus Recreation: Graduate Student of Club Sports (13232)
- The Urban Teacher Residency: Graduate Student Assistant (12976)
- Division of Information Technology: IT Service Desk Phone Support Technician (1732)
- Commuter Life: Commuter Assistance Mentorship Program (CAMP)
- Student Life Service Desks: Information Desk Assistant
- Campus Recreation: Fall 2021 Positions – Applications Due May 25
- Greater Media NJ: Production Intern (13222)
- New Jersey Innovation Institute: Summer Intern (13169)
- Wellness Gala: Digital Marketing Intern (13166)
- Premiere Creative: Business Development Intern (13146)
- Kushner Companies: Accounting Intern (13144)
- Runway of Dreams: Summer Intern (13140)
- Watt Hotel: Guest Services Agent (13208)
- Tata Consultancy Services: Software Engineer (13224)
- Flywheel Partners: Junior Graphic Designer (13161)
- YMCA of Montclair: Development Associate (13164)
- Youth Consultation Service: School Nurse (13152)
- The Vitamin Shoppe: Private Brands Development and Execution Specialist (13158)
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.