In partnership with Red Hawk Pantry, Parking Services is once again offering their annual Cans for Citations Food Drive!
What, When, How?
This program allows Montclair State University students, faculty and staff to donate canned goods as payment for parking citations. Unopened canned or dry goods will be worth $10.00 toward one open parking citation. (ex. $60.00 ticket = 6 cans!)
- Program Duration: The program runs Monday, November 1, through Wednesday, November 24, 2021.
- Only one citation dismissal may be awarded!
- One can = $10.00 toward the citation. You can donate for the full value of the citation. Therefore, if your citation is a total of $40.00, you can donate four (4) cans toward your citation.
- The following citations are not eligible for the program:
- Tampering with University Equipment
- Shared Permit or Boot Violation
- Parking in Reserved Space, Grass or Sidewalk
- Parked in Fire Lane or PWD Space Violation
- When & Where to Bring: Please bring any donations Monday-Friday 12-4 p.m. to the Parking office located on Level 1 of the Red Hawk Deck.
What to Donate
- Non-perishable foods
- Healthy items, such as whole grains, low-sugar cereals, and low-sodium canned goods
- Pantry staples: tuna, peanut butter, soup, beans, rice, and shelf-stable milk
- Items past their expiration date (please check; we have to dispose of your expired food)
- Dented, rusty, leaky, or unlabeled cans
- Glass jars
- Open packages (exception: those with individually wrapped packets inside)
Most Needed Items for the Red Hawk Pantry
- Canned fruit
- Toilet paper
- Granola bars
- Personal care products
- Household products
For more information or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-7580.