Parking Services is happy to announce the inaugural Spring Parking Citation Food Drive! Your Donation Will Go to the Red Hawk Pantry!
What, When, How
This program allows Montclair State University students, faculty, and staff to donate canned/non-perishable goods as payment for citations. Unopened canned, non-perishable items, dry goods, and necessity items will be worth $10.00 toward one open citation.
- Duration: The program runs Tuesday, March 1 through Friday, March 25, 2022.
- When & Where to Bring: Please bring any donations Monday-Friday, 12-4 p.m., to the Parking office located on Level 1 of the Red Hawk Deck.
How Does the Donation Work?
One canned or dry good is worth $10.00 toward one open citation. For example, a citation worth $50.00 may be paid using five (5) canned or dry goods items.
What to Donate
- Non-perishable foods
- Healthy items, such as whole grains, low-sugar cereals and low-sodium canned goods
- Pantry staples: tuna, peanut butter, soup, rice and shelf-stable milk
- Items past their expiration date (please check; you make more work for us if we have to dispose of your expired food)
- Dented, rusty, leaky cans or unlabeled cans
- Glass jars
- Open packages (exception: those with individually wrapped packets inside)
Most Needed Items for the Red Hawk Pantry
- Canned /Chili/ Beef Stew /Ravioli
- Canned Meat (tuna, chicken, salon, halal canned meat, vienna sausages, spam)
- Spaghetti Noodles / Rotini / Egg Noodles/ Linguine (basically any pasta)
- No hot cereal – just cold
- Boxed Cereal
- Peanut Butter / Jelly
- Taco Seasoning, salt & pepper
- Taco Shells
- Granola/Cereal Bars
- Mac N Cheese (both boxed and microwavable)
- Cooking Oil (small bottles) /Spray (like Pam)
- Mayo, Ketchup/ Mustard/ Salad Dressings
- Toothpaste/ Toothbrush/ Dental Floss (Packaged)
- Shaving Cream
- Razors (unisex)
- Sanitary Pads
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
- Toilet Paper
- Can Openers
Only One Citation!
Remember: Only one citation dismissal may be awarded!
But Not for These…
The following citations may not be dismissed as part of the program:
- Tampering with University Equipment
- Shared Permit or Boot Violation
- Parking in Reserved Space, Grass or Sidewalk
- Parked in Fire Lane or PWD Space Violation
Please read our updated RFQ’s to avoid citations as well as other parking concerns.
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com or 973-655-7580.