Internships Lead the Way to Full-Time Jobs
Spring Registration Opens on Thursday, November 3.
Posted in: Announcements, Career, Events, Featured News, Red Hawk News
In this competitive job market, internships are essential. Co-ops and internships provide you with an opportunity to experience the world of professional work and explore your career choices. In addition to developing and refining the career-readiness skills that make you a marketable job seeker, internships allow you to beef up your resume AND expand your professional network.
Why is it important to build your professional network? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, at least 70% of all jobs are filled through networking. Co-ops and internships can lead to new and exciting opportunities that may not have otherwise been available.
Search for Spring and Summer Internships!
Thousands of employers use Handshake to recruit Montclair State University students! Searching for internships is easy and an account has already been generated for you. Simply log into your Handshake account via NEST, using your NetID and password (same as Canvas and your Montclair State University email).
Sample of Spring and Summer 2023 Internships
- Warner Bros. Discovery: CNN Product Design Spring 2023 Intern
- Toyota: Spring and Summer 2023 Internships
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York: Summer 2023 Analyst Intern
- United Airlines: Technical Writing Intern
- NASA Glenn Research Center Office of STEM Engagement: Program Project Management Intern
- Alexander Wang: DTC Buying & Planning Intern
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: Strategic Initiatives & Programming Intern
- Partnership for Public Service: Government Affairs Internship
- GameChanger Strength and Performance: Exercise Science Intern
- Camp Walt Whitman: Summer 2023 Education Intern
Intern in Washington D.C.
- The Washington Center: Gain great experience working in areas such as government, health and human services, science, education, the arts, politics and public administration. The program offers virtual internships and limited in-person positions.
- Spring 2023 application deadline: Wednesday, November 2, 2022
- Summer 2023 application deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Interested? Visit The Washington Center website. If you’re ready to apply, contact Macayla Mack for info about costs, co-op and more.
Earn Academic Credit for Internships
If you and your internship meet the requirements for the University’s co-op program, you may be eligible to earn academic credit for your internship experience. You should work directly with the Career Services office in your school/college to determine if co-op is right for you. To get started, sign into your Handshake account, then:
- Schedule an appointment with your career services office.
- RSVP for an upcoming co-op/internship information session.
- NBCU Academy Next Level Summit: Tuesday, October 18, 10 a.m. – 2:15 p.m., Online.
- AEI Information Session: Wednesday, October 19, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., Richardson Hall, Room 201.
- MJH Life Sciences Presents: The Business Behind Healthcare Communications (Campus to Career): Wednesday, October 19, 2:30-4 p.m., Feliciano School of Business, Room 101.
- America Needs You (ANY) Information Session: Monday, October 24, 3-4 p.m., Schmitt Hall, Room 104.
- SHI Information Session: Thursday, October 27, 3-5 p.m., Richardson Hall, Room 201.
Connect with Career Services
- Office Contact – email@example.com
- Instagram – msucareerservices
- Facebook – Red Hawk Careers
- Twitter – MSUcareerserv
- Soundcloud – Career Services Podcast
- YouTube – MSUCareerWorkshops
- LinkedIn – MSU Career Center
- Engage – The Center for Career Services