A Safe Return
Recommendations As We Return to Campus for the Spring Semester.
Posted in: Announcements, Dean of Students News, Featured News, Red Hawk News, Safety, Wellness
As we return to campus after winter break, we want you to safely learn, live and work on our campus. Currently, New Jersey and the northeast is experiencing COVID-19 case increases along with a high rate of seasonal flu in the northern region of New Jersey. It is important that we continue to act as a community of care at Montclair State University and keep each other safe and minimize risk.
Although masks are optional, we are strongly suggesting that, for the health and safety of our campus community, all of us should consider voluntarily wearing masks until the transmission rates for COVID-19 and seasonal flu within our counties subside.
Please consider the following:
- Wear masks when in the presence of others, especially indoors.
- Use Zoom for administrative meetings when possible to allow for less density in offices and meeting rooms.
- Stay home if you are sick and complete Hawk Check.
- Know your status – get a COVID test on campus.
- Meet outdoors when practical. Some great sites for gatherings include:
- The Amphitheater
- Sprague Field (bleachers)
- Benches throughout the campus
- The Student Center patio
- Grassy areas throughout the campus
- Tented areas that are not in use
- Overlook Corporate Center outdoor spaces
We will continue to evaluate the current state of transmissions in our region and will adjust our strategies as appropriate. As a community, we need to look out for one another’s safety on campus. That is what it means to be part of the Red Hawk Family.
Thank you for joining together in keeping our campus community safe and well. “For me, for you, for us!”
The Community Health Advisory Team (CHAT)