Connect With Employers That Are Hiring!
Launch Your Career at Our Spring Career Fairs…more!
Posted in: Announcements, Career, Featured News
Join us at our Spring 2023 Career Fairs and network with dozens of employers that are actively hiring for full-time jobs and internships! Registration is required. Students must bring their Montclair State University IDs the day of the event. Please Dress in Professional Attire.
- Spring 2023 Business Job and Internship Fair: Thursday, February 23, 2-6 p.m.
- Spring 2023 Career and Internship Fair: Wednesday, March 15, 1:30-4 p.m
Tips to Prepare for the Fair
- Attend One of Our Career Fair Prep Webinars: Learn how to successfully navigate a career fair. This 45-minute session will cover everything from preparing for the fair to following-up with employers.
- Check Out the Employer List before the Fair: Visit the registration links, below, and click on “Employers” to see a full list of who will be in attendance. Select the ones with whom you want to speak and create a quick elevator pitch to explain who you are and why you’re interested in that company. Make sure to do your research on the employer in advance!
- Upload Your Resume in Handshake! Receive feedback and approval from your career services office at least one week before the fair. Review can take 3-5 business days.
Earlier this month, Career Services launched our Micro-Internship program through Parker Dewey. Micro-Internships allow you to explore different career paths and demonstrate your abilities to potential employers, all while building your professional portfolio and network. Below are some best practices on how to leverage Micro-Internships in your professional development.
- Add your Micro-Internship to Your Resume.
- Ask your Micro-Internship supervisor for a recommendation on LinkedIn: So future prospective employers checking out your profile can see how pleased they were with the quality of your work.
- Reflect on the Experience: What did you like or not like? What did you learn about the industry or yourself? What skills did you use or develop that might be relevant to future opportunities of interest? Reflecting on your experience will help you when searching for your next role, or while thinking about your future career goals.
Career and Professional Development Badge
Have you started working on your badge? As a reminder, students who complete four of the achievements included in the Badge will have the opportunity to join us for a year-end celebration!
- Achievement 1: Attend 1 Montclair State University career fair or event.
- Achievement 2: Complete your resume for review in Handshake and include a screenshot of your submission.
- Achievement 3: Complete the Focus-2 online self-assessment.
- Achievement 4: Select 1 of 11 career and professional electives.
Jobs and Internships in Handshake
Going, Going, Almost Gone!
These applications are expiring this month, so apply while you still can!
- Summer Intern – Procurement at AMC Networks, Inc
- Technology Summer Internship Program: Network Engineer at Citizens Bank
- Mental Health Therapist at The Bradley Center
- Early Career – Legal 1L – Summer Intern – AIG
- Staff Gemologist
- Designer at Crate and Barrel & CB2
- Summer 2023 Management Internship (MI) Program at TOYOTA
- Hillside Ave School, Cranford, NJ: Middle School Math Leave Replacement
- Sports/Athletic Counselor at Camp Skylemar
- In-House Internship at American Association of People with Disabilities
- Program Manager at Alzheimer’s Association
- Case Worker II at Women Aware, Inc.
- Front Desk Agent – Omni Hotels and Resorts
- Annual Fund Coordinator at American Conservatory Theater
- Investment Sales Commercial Brokerage at Invictus Property Advisors
- Middle School Teacher at Uncommon Schools
- Medical Scribe at Children’s Specialized Hospital
- Podcast Coordinator/Entry Level – Fox Corporation
- Marketing Coordinator at Haymarket Media, Inc.
- Assistant Director of Admissions at University System of New Hampshire
Log into Handshake from your phone! Download the Handshake Jobs & Careers app to quickly search, filter and apply for jobs right from your phone! You can also use the app to schedule counseling appointments, RSVP to events and see career fair event details and booth maps, all while on the go! Download on App Store | Download on Google Play
Upcoming Events & Additional Resources
CHSS Meet the Interns (Intern Panel Discussion)
- Join CHSS Career Services to hear firsthand from CHSS students about their past and current experiences. We will discuss the application process, working at competitive companies, and finding your industry of interest!
- Tuesday, February 28, 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Location: Cohen Lounge (Dickson Room 178) – Dickson Hall
Resume Writing Lunch Bunch
- Tune in for a session on how to fine-tune your resume in preparation for jobs, internships, or whatever comes with requiring a resume!
- Online event, Wednesday, March 1, 12-1 p.m.
Rocky’s Closet Open House
- Suit Up with Rocky’s Closet. Registration is not required.
- Free for students/faculty/staff with University ID
- Wednesday, February 22, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- The Village, Alice Paul Hall – 4th floor
On Demand Workshop – Grit: Persistence that Pays Off
- The secret to outstanding success in both academics and work is the desire to develop and implement grit — defined as “passion and persistence for long-term goals.” Learn the tips and tricks associated with grit, including the development of a growth mindset and avoidance of thinking traps.
- Focus-2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool designed to help you make decisions about career goals and education plans. You will be able to assess your values, skills and interests and explore career fields and major areas of study that are compatible with your assessment results. Learn More!
Connect with Career Services
- Office Contact – email@example.com
- Instagram – msucareerservices
- Facebook – Red Hawk Careers
- Twitter – MSUcareerserv
- Soundcloud – Career Services Podcast
- YouTube – MSUCareerWorkshops
- LinkedIn – MSU Career Center
- Engage – The Center for Career Services