Connect & Tip with the RAVE Guardian App
The RAVE Guardian app is your quick way to:
- Report a COVID-19 policy violation.
- Contact with the University Police Department (UPD) when you’re walking on campus with an estimate of your travel time, and let them know when you have arrived.
- Submit a Tip to UPD if you are witness to an incident or problem on campus.
- Call the UPD.
How to Setup and Use the RAVE Guardian App
- Go to the Dropdown menu in the upper right corner and choose My Account.
- Check to ensure your cell phone number is correct.
Follow the steps on the app when prompted.
Put in your cell phone number (the same one that is associated with with RAVE account)
It will ask you to verify your phone number.
Then it will ask you to select your location.
Choose Montclair State University.
Make sure to turn your location on.
Welcome to RAVE Guardian!
Now that you have downloaded the app, you can use a variety of tools within the app.
You can set up a Safety Timer when walking from one location to another, on campus.
You also can Submit a Tip to the University. When you choose to Submit a Tip, a dropdown list of categories appears. Choose the one that best fits your tip. They include (in alpha order):
- COVID Policy Violation
- Mental Health
- Repair Needed
- School Policy Violation
- Social Media Abuse
- Suspicious Activity
Once you choose a category, send your message.
The police will follow up with questions if needed or ensure they are taking care of it.