It might seem obvious, almost a “duh” but we think this is worth noting and even repeating…
We’re Here To Help
You’re not a bother. Your feelings are real and valid. Help is always available and we’re eager to give it.
Here’s a quick list of useful email/phone contacts.
- Campus Recreation – 973-655-3340
- Center for Advising and Student Transitions (CAST) – 973-655-7114
- Center for Leadership and Engagement – 973-655-4162
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – 973-655-5211
- Dean of Students – 973-655-4118
- Office for Social Justice and Diversity
- Health Promotion – 973-655-5271
- University Health Center – 973-655-4361
- University Police – 973-655-5222
If you don’t know where to turn, email MSUCares@mail.montclair.edu and we’ll connect you to the right person. Don’t hesitate or wait.
Getting Involved Is Good…For You
Montclair State offers a wide range of clubs, organizations, support programs and service opportunities so you can be a part of the campus life. Get involved! Reach out and you’ll find Montclair State is not just your University…it’s your home.
- Center for Student Involvement
- HawkSync (Get to know the campus clubs and orgs)
- Student Leadership
- Volunteer Center
It’s important for you to stay up-to-date with all of the important dates throughout the Academic Year! Please visit the Important Dates webpage often to stay informed.
There are some important actions and procedures that sometimes get lost in all the day-to-day living we do. Here are just a few that are timely and important:
- Tuition Payment Deadlines: Be sure you know when your tuition payments are due. Track this information on the Student Accounts website.
- Add/Dropping Classes: Review the deadlines and refund policies for adding and dropping courses on the Registrar’s website.
- Health Insurance: All students are automatically enrolled into a University provided health insurance plan, so if you don’t need it (because you have other health coverage) then you need to officially un-enroll. Find out about that procedure from the Student Accounts website.
- How to Apply to Graduate: Are you planning to graduate soon? Be sure you know all the procedures you need to follow, including your final audit. Get this information from the Registrar’s website.
- Medical Withdrawal from the University: There are very specific rules and procedures for a medical withdrawal from the University. View that policy.
- Non-Medical Withdrawal from the University: Different procedures for a non-medical withdrawal request. View that policy.