If you, or someone you know, are in crisis and are thinking about or planning suicide please reach out to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 973-655-5211 during regular University business hours. After hours contact counselor the University Police Department at 973-655-5222. This support is available to you 24/7.
24 Hour Resources
The following resources are available to you 24/7:
- Montclair State University Police: 973-655-5222.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (For hearing & speech impaired with TTY equipment: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889))
- NJ Hopeline
- Veterans Crisis Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- Trevor Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- 2nd Floor: 1-888-222-2228
- Your Life Your Voice (Boys Town Hotline): 1-800-448-3000
- Samaritans Hotline: 212-673-3000
I’m Concerned About A Friend
If you are concerned about a fellow Montclair State University student you can submit a Student Concern Form to the Dean of Students office. Go to: Student Concern Form.
- Crisis Chat.org: The Lifeline Crisis Chat service is available within the United States and territories from 2pm to 2am Eastern Time seven days a week.
- Trevor Chat: Online instant messaging with a Trevor Chat counselor 3-9 p.m., seven days a week.
- Trevor Text: Text TREVOR to 1-202-304-1200, 4-8 p.m., Thursdays and Fridays.
- Trevor Space: A social networking site for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth ages 13 through 24 and their friends and allies.
- 2nd Floor Text Service: 1-888-222-2228, 4-8 p.m., seven days a week.
- Your Life Your Voice Chat service: 6 p.m. – midnight, Monday-Friday.
- Your Life Your Voice Text: 4 p.m. – 1 a.m., seven days a week. Text VOICE to 20121 to start.
- Teen Line: 1-800-TLC-TEEN, 6-10 p.m. PST.
- Teen Line: Text TEEN to 839863 from 5:30-9:30 p.m. PST.