To protect the safety of the University community and others, and in accordance with Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders, commencement and graduation convocations are postponed until a future date. We will update this page with more information as it becomes available.
ConGRADulations! You’ve made it to your senior year! Graduation is in sight. We’re here to help you cross that finish line, get your diploma and become an active alumnus/a of Montclair State.
Several resources and events are available to you throughout your senior year to help ensure that you stay on track and finish strong.
All graduating students are invited to Graduation Fair on Monday, May 4, from 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Student Center Ballrooms!
Here are some of the fun and exciting things to expect at the Graduation Fair:
- Pick up your regalia for Convocation and Commencement
- Get your reader card and your tickets for Convocation
- Explore Graduate School programs
- Get professional headshots taken
- Meet with career counselors
- Learn about your alumni network
- Apply leadership skills to your resume
- Leave your Montclair State mark
Get your Commencement and Convocation questions answered. Stop by to be entered into a free raffle for Montclair State gear and prizes. Be sure to bring your University ID to swipe in.
Make sure you take care of a few last minute things!
- Take Care of Holds!: Some Holds will prevent you from receiving your final transcript or diploma.
- Apply for Graduation: Please make sure to Apply for Graduation in NEST.
- Purchase Graduation Regalia: Order your regalia for Commencement and/or Convocation.
- Graduation Fee: A one-time non-refundable $85.00 University graduation fee will be assessed to candidates for each degree. There is no fee assessed to attend the Commencement Ceremony.
- Attend Your College’s Convocation Ceremony: There will be six (6) undergraduate College/School Convocations, organized by the respective Colleges and Schools. The Dean will preside, individual names will be read, and the distinctive traditions and spirit of each school or college will be celebrated.