Spring 2022 Study Abroad Information Sessions
All students applying to study abroad are required to attend a Study Abroad Information Session. The info session will provide foundational knowledge of the study abroad application process and help guide students in their program search. Info sessions are approximately 30 minutes long. No sign-up is required; simply show up to the day/time option that works best for you.
Our Spring 2022 Study Abroad Information Sessions will be held every Tuesday at 12pm via Zoom. NOTE: May 10th will be the final information session given during the Spring 2022 term.
Summer 2022 Study Abroad Information Sessions will resume mid-June. Please check back here for more updates.
- What happens if I can’t come to the regularly scheduled session? Please email email@example.com with your availability.
Please note the following:
- Students will automatically be asked to register prior to each info session
- Students will not be permitted into the Zoom more than 5 minutes after the start time. A lot of information is covered, so we appreciate your punctuality.
- Students must have recently attended an info session prior to beginning their application. For example, if you attend during your first year but do not apply to study abroad until your junior year, then you will need to re-attend a session. This is to be sure that you are informed of any new policies/procedures.
- Students must attend an info session prior to meeting with an advisor
- Students applying for faculty-led programs do not need to attend an info session
Study Abroad Advising
All students interested in studying abroad are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment with one of our Study Abroad Advisors via Terra Dotta.
- Our Study Abroad advisers can help you with basic questions, narrow down your options, and begin to apply to programs.
- If you have general questions about study abroad, pick an appointment time that works best for you from the options below.
- Information sessions are approximately 30 minutes long.
Follow the steps below to learn how to schedule your next appointment!
- Click on this link to set up an Advising Appointment
- Select the staff member you would like to request an appointment with
- Select “Request an appointment or information”
- Fill out the requested information & click to request an appointment
- Check for an available appointment and click it
- Be sure to click ‘Send’ to save your requested information. Please include information on when and where you would like to study abroad, as well as any specific questions you may have at this time.
- After you have sent your requested appointment information, you will be sent a calendar invite with the Zoom information for your advising appointment (typically no later than one hour prior to your appointment time). If there are any issues with your selected date/time, an advisor will reach out to you to reschedule. Thank you, and we look forward to advising you on your journey!
Watch this short video to get an overview of how Study Abroad works at Montclair State University!