Study Abroad Information Sessions
Effective with the start of the Fall 2019 semester, all students applying to study abroad are required to attend a Study Abroad Information Session. The info session will provide foundational knowledge of the study abroad application process and help guide students in their program search. Info sessions are approximately 30 minutes long. No sign-up is required; simply show up to the day/time option that works best for you.
Spring 2020 Info Sessions:
- Wednesdays, 11:00am – 11:30am, University Hall, Room 2006
- Fridays, 11:30am – 12:00pm, University Hall, Room 3011
We recommend you bring a laptop to take notes and/or to begin your search online.
What happens if I can’t come to either of those days/times? Please view our Student Assistant schedule and come in on the day/time that works for your schedules. Our student assistants will be able to provide you with a one-on-one info session.
Please note the following:
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes late, your attendance will not be counted. A lot of information is covered, so we appreciate your punctuality
- You must sign-in in order for your attendance to be counted
- Students must have recently attended an info session prior to beginning their application. For example, if you attend during your first year but do not apply to study abroad until your junior year, then you will need to re-attend a session. This is to be sure that you are informed of any new policies/procedures.
- Students must attend an info session prior to meeting with an advisor
- Students applying for faculty-led programs do not need to attend an info session
Info Sessions are conducted by our Study Abroad Peer Advisors, so it is also a great way to connect with a study abroad alum! We encourage you to ask them questions about their experience and connect with them after the info session.