Three students sitting by large window in CELS building overlooking the NY skyline.

Withdrawal/Leave of Absence

It is REQUIRED that any student wishing to withdraw or take a leave of absence from the University must work with their academic advisor before taking such action. To find out who is your academic advisor, log on to NEST or call our main office at 973-655-7114.

Consequently, you must fill out the withdrawal/leave of absence form and submit it online.

*Please note this form is ONLY for Undergraduate students NOT Graduate students. If you are a Graduate student, please contact the Graduate School at 973-655-5147.

Your submission will not be processed if you have classes on your schedule.  Please ensure your classes have been dropped before submitting this form. If it is past the deadline or you have a hold that prevents you from dropping your classes, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Form