University College is the new academic home for pre-major students who are exploring their academic and career interests. University College Fellows are student leaders who provide support, guidance and mentoring to University College students as they transition to Montclair State University.
As one of the newest student leadership positions, University College Fellows:
- Are guides, academic resources and role models to their students and peers.
- Facilitate the care, support and learning of new and continuing students.
- Are knowledgeable about campus resources, policies and culture.
- Have a willingness to share information, experiences and accomplishments in an encouraging way.
- Are open, understanding and approachable.
Students can apply to be a University College Student Success Fellow or a University College Advising Fellow!
Ideal University College Fellows:
- Enjoy public speaking.
- Have a collaborative work style.
- Appreciate different learning styles and diverse and inclusive environments.
- Are able to exercise careful and independent judgement.
- Are receptive to constructive feedback and seeks help when needed.
- Have a strong academic background and desire to mentor first-year students.