The primary mission of University Health Center is to provide outpatient medical care to all enrolled students so they will remain healthy and succeed academically at Montclair State University. We offer comprehensive, high-quality care in the same manner as most outside health care providers and invite you to peruse our website to learn more about our services. It will be quite evident we are not the school nurse anymore!
Below are three commonly asked questions and a list of suggestions of ways in which our department can assist faculty and staff during the academic year. Please feel free to contact us at any time either by calling our office at 973-655-4361.
- What do I do if there is a medical emergency?
- If there is a medical emergency in your classroom or anywhere on campus, call University Police at 973-655-5222. An ambulance will be dispatched to your location. If you are off campus, always call 911.
- What do I do during a public health emergency?
- The University Health Center has significant expertise in the area of public health and disaster emergencies and continuously monitors potential and current incidents through state and national communication systems. UHC provides ongoing medical advisement to Montclair State University administration during such emergencies and assists in creating procedures that will protect the health and well-being of our campus community.
- During any type of campus or community outbreak we recommend that all faculty, staff and students:
- Monitor the University and University Health Center web pages for the most current information and notifications.
- Check your Montclair State University e-mail account daily for updates,
- Sign up for RAVE Text Alerts.
There are many opportunities in which UHC can assist faculty and staff: The following are just a few of the possibilities:
- Presentations on health and medical topics including preventive care, sexually transmitted infections, contraception, sexual assault, public health and disaster medicine.
- Consultation for concerns regarding a student or staff experiencing physical symptoms of an illness.
- Collaboration on health-focused special events.
- Infectious disease and public health consultation.
- Provision of yearly influenza vaccinations and other immunizations during public health emergencies.
The University Health Center looks forward to working together with faculty and staff to ensure the success, safety and well-being of our community and we encourage you to contact us whenever there is a need for our services.