- June 28th – July 1st, 2021
August 23rd – August 26th 2021
- Daily schedule: 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
- Free In-Person Workshop for 6-8 Grade Teachers
- Aligned to NJ Student Learning Standards for Science
- Professional Development Hours Awarded
Beginning at a grand scale, The Biosphere and Beyond lessons focus on how the Earth and its inhabitants are subject cyclical and stochastic changes due celestial bodies, Earth’s internal structure, and the vagaries of the positions of its landmasses and water bodies. Narrowing focus, in Endless Forms, Most Beautiful and Most Complex this “canvas” is explored through the lens of biodiversity. The countless species and their interactions are detailed in order to familiarize the audience with what is at stake. Next, Creating Harmony through Sustainability provides a roadmap for the audience to see their impact on the previous subjects and change it for the better. Finally, Crystal Clear Facts about Your Water allows the audience to put their knowledge and compassion to use as they take on the role of scientist and steward to see how they can draw conclusions and use them to make a difference.
- June 28th/August 23rd: The Biosphere and Beyond!
- June 29th/August 24th: Endless Forms, Most Beautiful and Most Complex
- June 30th/August 25th: Creating Harmony Through Sustainability
- July 1st/August 26th: Crystal, Clear Facts About Your Water
Teachers may choose to attend 1, 2, 3, or all 4 days
In-person limit of 24 people per day! Register today to join the New Jersey Center for Water Science & Technology (NJCWST) members to discuss ecological and environmental topics.