The criteria for admissions to the Weston Science Scholars Program for ninth, tenth and eleventh graders are:
- A serious interest in fields of science and mathematics.
- Superior skills in the disciplines of science and mathematics as evidenced by recent grades or other indicators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced through the evaluation of an essay and a formal interview.
- Personal qualities: hard-working, responsible, enthusiastic and able to follow directions and work well with others.
- Willingness to participate in some form of community service approved by the director and co-director. 20 hours required by December 4, 2020 (Friday).
- This program offers 7.5 high school credits upon completion as a science elective, to be posted on a scholar’s transcript.
Calendar of Events
- Weston Orientation: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
This is the night the scholars meet and choose their mentors.
- American Museum of Natural History
Saturday, April 4, 2020
- New Jersey Food Bank- Community Service
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Research Component begins
Monday, June 22, 2020 (2 pm to 5 pm)
- Culminates with Scientific Colloquia
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Wednesday, July 29, 2020.