Emily J. Klein
Emily J. Klein Klein, Emily J.
- University Hall 2123
- University Hall
- 973 655-3454
- 973 655-6685
- Not Available
- BA:Barnard College
- MA:Stanford University
- PhD:New York University
- Download vCard File
Emily J. Klein is an associate professor at Montclair State University of New Jersey in the Department of Curriculum and Teaching. She is co-PI on a the WIPRO Science Education Fellowship which is a teacher-leadership program that supports experienced K to 12 science teachers to deepen their practice while staying in the classroom. She earned her doctorate in English Education from the Steinhardt School of Education at New York University. She previously taught high school English in NYC where she developed and implemented interdisciplinary curriculum with the American Social History Project and the NYC Opera Project. She is the author of several articles on high school professional development, building communities of practice, and teacher leadership, and published a book about scaling up of successful high school designs with Teachers College Press. She is currently working on a book about her work in the Newark Montclair Urban Teacher Residency.
School Change, Teacher Professional Learning, Teacher Leadership, Professional Communities of Practice, Urban Teacher Residencies
- Tuesday 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Shape shifting or becoming third space teacher educators
- Finding a third space in teacher education
- Changing leadership: Teachers lead the way for schools that learn
- Environmental Education in Action: How Expeditionary Learning Schools Support Classroom Teachers in Tackling Issues of Sustainability
- Networking for Teacher Learning: Toward a Theory of Effective Design
- Putting professional development into practice: A framework for how teachers in Expeditionary Learning Schools implement professional development
- Rethinking Professional Development: Building a Culture of Teacher Learning
- Learning, Unlearing, and Relearning: Lessons from one school?s approach to creating and sustaining learning communities
- Wearing the "student hat": Experiential professional development in Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound Schools
- Deepening Roots: Building a Task-Centered Peer Mentoring Community
- Mingling Fact and Fiction: Strategies for integrating literature into History and Social Studies Classrooms
- Dissertation Support Groups: Building a Community of Practice Using Noddings' Ethic of Care
- Scaling Up the Big Picture, essay three (February 2004)
- Scaling Up the Big Picture, essay four (August 2004)
- Scaling Up the Big Picture, essay two (June 2003)
Newark Montclair Urban Teacher Residency
This is a longitudinal qualitative study of the Newark Montclair Urban Teacher Residency Program.
WIPRO SEF Program
This is a longitudinal study of teacher leadership in the WIPRO SEF program.