Montclair State University has prepared thousands of students for a lifetime of professional and personal success. We are unique in offering:
- Academic programs that have earned us the title of “New Jersey’s best public university” (Forbes)
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and achieve professional goals through a wide range of extracurricular activities
- A vibrant, expansive campus community
- Cutting-edge technologies, such as online study opportunities, that match our students’ learning styles
- Exceptional value for both in-state and out-of-state students
Building on a distinguished history dating back to 1908, Montclair State University is a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. Designated a Research Doctoral University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, the University’s 10 degree-granting schools and colleges serve more than 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students with more than 300 doctoral, master’s and baccalaureate level programs. Situated on a beautiful, 252-acre suburban campus just 12 miles from New York City, Montclair State delivers the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a supportive, sophisticated and diverse academic environment.
- Nearly 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs
- State-of-the-art facilities including a new 2,000-bed student residence and dining complex
- Exceptional opportunities for motivated students, regardless of ethnicity or economic background: described by the U.S. Education Trust as a “Top Gap Closer” for increasing graduation rates for minority students
Yet students receive the individual attention you’d expect from a much smaller institution.
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 17 to 1
- Average class size is 23 students
- Courses taught by professors, not graduate assistants
- Affordable tuition: one of Forbes’ 25 Best Buy Colleges in the Northeast