Montclair State University has prepared thousands of students for a lifetime of professional and personal success. We are unique in offering:
- Academic programs that have earned us the title of “New Jersey’s best public university” (Forbes)
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and achieve professional goals through a wide range of extracurricular activities
- A vibrant, expansive campus community
- Cutting-edge technologies, such as online study opportunities, that match our students’ learning styles
- Exceptional value for both in-state and out-of-state students
Building on a distinguished history dating back to 1908, Montclair State University is a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. Designated a Research Doctoral University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, the University’s nine colleges and schools serve more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students with more than 300 doctoral, master’s and baccalaureate level programs. Situated on a beautiful, 252-acre suburban campus just 12 miles from New York City, Montclair State delivers the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a supportive, sophisticated and diverse academic environment.
- Nearly 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs
- State-of-the-art facilities including a new 2,000-bed student residence and dining complex
- Exceptional opportunities for motivated students, regardless of ethnicity or economic background: described by the U.S. Education Trust as a “Top Gap Closer” for increasing graduation rates for minority students
Yet students receive the individual attention you’d expect from a much smaller institution.
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 17 to 1
- Average class size is 23 students
- Courses taught by professors, not graduate assistants
- Affordable tuition: one of Forbes’ 25 Best Buy Colleges in the Northeast