Professor, Mathematical Sciences
• Professor of Mathematics: Department of Mathematical Science, MSU.
• Director of Montclair State University LSAMP
• Recipient of 2013 Faculty Mentoring Award presented by Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) Math
and CS Division
• Recipient of Montclair State University Distinguished Scholar Award FY 2013-2014.
• Vice Chair for Speakers, Mathematical Association of America NJ-Section, 2014 - present.
• Vice Chair for Student Affairs, Mathematical Association of America NJ-Section, 2010 - 2014.
• Council Member - Council on Undergraduate Research, 2012-2018.
• Director: NREUP Summer REU program at MSU: 2008, 2013, 2014.
• Director: CURM Academic REU Program at MSU: 2007-2008, 2009-2010.
• Undergraduate Mentor: National Alliance for Doctoral Studies in the Mathematical Sciences, 2009 -
• Co-Director: Garden State Undergraduate Mathematics Conference (GSUMC), 2009 - 2014.
• Editor: Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Bioinfo Publications Editorial Board, Journal of
Statistics and Mathematics, Scientific Journals International (SJI), 2006 – present.
• Guest Editor: PRIMUS
• Reviewer: Mathematics Review, 1997 - present.
• MAA National Project NExT Fellow (green dot): 1995/1996.
• Teaching Recognition Award, Parent Association/Teaching Council, University of Nebraska-Lincoln,
Commutative Algebra, Number Theory, Combinatorics/Graph Theory, Matrix Theory, Discrete Dynamical Systems/Difference Equation, Bioinformatics, Mathematics Education, Undergraduate Research
This project studies the Randic connectivity indices of certain graphs derived from chemistry and biology problems and their applications in life science.
Collaborators: Haiying Wang, Patricia Dorn,
Student researchers: Giancarlo Labruna, Jhonny Almeida
Past student researchers: Jennifer Feiner, Katrina Bandeli, Pamela Gurreon, Zeyad Boodoo, William Burk, Rob Rexler Baello
Collaborator: Ralph P Tucci
Collaborators: Qing Wu, Sarita Nemani, Christina Eubanks-Turner, Christian Hyra