Outgoing Montclair State Students
Study abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There are few other opportunities that provide the educational and personal growth gained by living and learning in a new culture.
Study abroad challenges Montclair State University students to step out of their comfort zones to travel, meet new people and test themselves in new ways. Students who study abroad are a unique group who choose to expand their academic and personal horizons by living and learning in a new environment.
Study abroad offers many benefits:
• Opportunity to see a different part of the world in its context
• Personal enrichment, growth and independence
• Deeper cultural awareness beyond films, media and the evening news
• Fresh perspectives and ways of thinking about the world
• Academic credit
• Linguistic immersion from beginner to advanced levels
• Experience that is prized by employers
As a Montclair State student, the world can be your classroom. Montclair State offers a very broad and diverse assortment of study abroad opportunities for students.
* Montclair State University offers academic programs in over 50 countries
* Semester, academic year, summer and short-term programs are available
* Programs can fit into most majors' study plans without delaying graduation
* Students can use financial aid to study abroad
* Students can receive credits at Montclair State University for study abroad
* Students can take classes in English
* Employers value international experience
* You will have the experience of a lifetime!
Where do YOU want to GO?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain