Move In Day - Freshmen Resident Students with Golden Ticket
Don't forget your Golden Ticket!
You’re almost here, and we can’t wait to welcome you to your campus home!
Before Move-in Day, here are some things you need to do and some tips for a smooth arrival.
All resident students need to fulfill four requirements before moving into their new home:
- Have your fall 2016 bill paid in full (or be enrolled in a payment play) on NEST
- Complete your Emergency Contact information on NEST
- Submit your Meningitis immunization records to the University Health Center
- Register for classes
When Will The Tickets Come Out
Qualified students who have completed the above four requirements will be mailed a Golden Ticket, via their University Gmail account, the week of August 29, 2016.
What Happens If I Don’t Get a Golden Ticket?
Students will be unable to check in until they have received their Golden Ticket.
There will be a One-Stop-Shop on:
- Sunday, September 4, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., Student Center (Freshmen Move-in Day)
- Tuesday, September 6, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., 4th Floor, Bohn Hall (Returning Students Move-in Day)
Representatives from Student Accounts, Financial Aid, The Health Center and Residence Life will be available both days to assist students in getting cleared for the Golden Ticket.
What Do I Need At Check-in?
You will need to bring the following when you check into your residence hall:
- Your University ID Card
- Your Check-in Pass (Physical ticket or email version)
- Your Golden Ticket
Move In Schedule
Each Student has received a colored check in pass via mail and email. If you have not received it please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a new pass. Each student has been assigned a specific check-in day and time. When you arrive if you have your Golden Ticket please proceed to your building to your check in. If you have not received your Golden ticket please proceed to the One-Stop-Shop to see if you can receive one.
Tell Me About The Furniture
Each resident has the following standard furniture:
- One Desk (with chair): Surface 42”x24”; 30” tall
- One Bed (Twin XL): 85" long, 37" wide; Mattress: Twin XL sheets - 80" x 36" for 8" thick mattress. (All beds are adjustable to 32” off the ground)
- One closet/wardrobe per student
Most rooms supply a dresser for each student:
- Dresser: Surface 30”x18”
What Can’t I Have In My Room?
Deciding what to pack? Please look at our recommended list of what to bring and what you should leave at home.
Protecting Your Stuff
Think about all of valuable items that you will be bringing to your new home away from home; such as, a laptop, tablet, smartphone, TV, or gaming system, etc. What would happen if they were lost, stolen, or damaged? The University is not responsible for your personal liability or property while living on campus. The University recommends a student look into renter's insurance while living on campus. View information about Renter's Insurance.