Fulbright US Student Program Information Session
Best for juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Apply to receive funding to study, research, or teach English abroad.
Applicants from ALL academic fields are welcome!
Information Session: Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Grants
Application cycle for 2018-2019 opens on March 31st, 2017
For more information, contact Domenica Dominguez, Montclair State University Fulbright Program Advisor email@example.com
The Fulbright Program in Brief
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international education exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. The Fulbright Program has provided approximately 318,00 participants - chosen for their academic merit and leadership potential - with the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas, and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns.
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program Study/Research Award grants scholarships to U.S. graduating seniors, graduate students, young professionals, scientists, and artists selected through a national, merit-based competition for study and research abroad. Academic fields include the social sciences, humanities, and the sciences. The program emphasizes leadership development.
The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program places U.S. students, primarily new college graduates, as English teaching assistants in schools or universities overseas, where they increase foreign students' English language abilities and knowledge of the United States. They are integrated in the host community, which improves their own foreign language skills and knowledge of the host community, which improves their foreign language skills and knowledge of the host country. ETAs also pursue individual study.research plans in addition to their teaching responsibilities.
- Montclair State Campus Deadline to indicate intent to apply by starting an on-line application: Monday, August 1st, 2017
- Montclair State Campus Deadline to complete application: Date TBA, September 2017
- Next application cycle opens March 31st, 2017
How Do I apply?
- Start and application at: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants/getting-started OR contacting the Montclair State University Fulbright Program Advisor for an appointment to discuss which program might be right for you and how to apply.
- The Fulbright Program Advisor for the U.S. Student Program for Montclair State University is Domenica Dominguez, Director, Study Abroad and International Programs