Center for Clinical Services Open House
Montclair State University will host an Open House on September 29 from 4 to 6 p.m. to officially unveil its new Center for Clinical Services to the community. Members of the public are invited to join local civic leaders, University officials and faculty to meet staff and tour the on-campus facility located at 147 Clove Road.
The Center, which had its soft opening in the spring, was created to provide the general public with programs and services in a broad range of clinical areas, from mental health counseling and literacy development to a suite of psychotherapeutic services for children with autism and their families. Center programs serve neighboring communities, as well as people from across the state and New York metropolitan area.
The Center for Clinical Services at Montclair State University is currently home to six clinics and programs.
- Center for Autism and Early Childhood Mental Health fosters the development and psychological well-being of children from birth through age 12, and their families, by providing psychotherapeutic services, including infant-parent services, intervention for children with developmental disabilities and children diagnosed on the autism spectrum, and play-based family therapy.
- Community Counseling Clinic offers compassionate counseling – on concerns ranging from anxiety and depression to relationships and career decisions – to residents of northern New Jersey aged 8 through adult.
- Clinic for Evidence-Based Practices in Schools offers services that include academic and behavioral assessments and interventions for children ages 5 to 21, as well as professional development, coaching and training for school staff.
- Nutrition Counseling focuses on helping adult volunteer clients develop good eating and health habits by providing nutrition and weight control counseling from faculty-supervised advanced nutrition students.
- Psychological Services Clinic offers psycho-educational assessments of cognitive, academic, behavioral, social/emotional and other areas, and provides evidence-based recommendations for school, home and/or outside interventions.
- Summer Literacy Program provides literacy development, support and instruction to children during the summer months to prepare them for the start of the new school year.
Center for Clinical Services at Montclair State
147 Clove Road