Time for spring cleaning and recycling too! Clean out your closet of lightly used clothing and clean off your bookshelf of books read. Drop them off at the Student Recreation Center, and you will be helping the environment and those in need too.
How it works:
- Pack your used clothing or books in a tied plastic bag - separate bags for clothing and books.
- Bring your bag to the Student Recreation Center
- Show your bag to the circle desk attendant to receive a raffle ticket
- Put your bag in the appropriate bin
- Every visit to donate items is equal to 1 raffle ticket for a “Campus Rec Earth Week” t-shirt! Drawings are weekly.
What to donate:
- Types of Clothing:
- Any form of pants/shorts/jeans
- Socks, etc.
- Types of Books:
- And any other paper-based booklets or items
Your clothing and books will be donated to:
- Bridges Outreach - A non-profit organization that collects and delivers donated clothing and necessities with compassion and respect to the homeless in Manhattan, Newark, Irvington and Summit.
- New Legacy Books - Depending on the condition of your books, New Legacy Books will either resale the books to raise money for non-profit organizations in our community or recycle the books properly rather than have them end up in a landfill.
When and Where?
- April 1 - 30
- All day
Student Recreation Center Lobby
- Co-sponsored with The Volunteer Center (MSU)