We are pleased to offer a new, online 35-credit Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program, starting fall semester of 2018.
The Montclair State University School of Nursing MSN degree program prepares nurses for career opportunities in Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, and Clinical Research. Graduates demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for today’s dynamic healthcare environment and the future.
Our degree specializations in Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, and Clinical Research provide opportunities for ongoing career advancement, recognition of expertise through national certification, and participation in national organizations. Career possibilities include:
- Nursing Education specialty: positions as instructors and professors in a variety of academic and clinical settings.
- Nursing Administration specialty: positions in community, long-term and acute care facilities with opportunities for expanding opportunities in management
- Clinical Research specialty: positions in academic medical centers, private practices, regulatory agencies, and pharmaceutical and other scientific companies as research coordinators, monitors, auditors and clinical trials managers.
Earn your degree—in your time—in your way.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
To qualify, you need to be a registered nurse (RN) or eligible for RN licensure and hold either a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or BA/BS degree in a non-nursing field.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all of corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Nursing, Nursing Administration (MSN) program:
- Transcript: (One) from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement: A one-page personal statement. The personal statement should explain your reason for applying to the program, learning goals, and relevant professional experience.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two (2)
- Resume: Required
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
Stay tuned for the Nursing (MSN) university catalog listing. For more information, please visit the School of Nursing website.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
Telephone: (973) 655-5147
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Nursing, Nursing Administration (MSN) Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*