View Profile Page
Zoë Burkholder, Ph.D.
Office: University Hall, room 2140
Phone Number: (973) 655-3481
Education: Ph.D. History of Education New York University; M.A. Anthropology University of California, Berkeley; B.A. Anthropology and Archaeology University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
History of U.S. education, racial equality in public schools, educational policy, school desegregation, antiracist education, African American educational history, social construction of race in schools.
- Full list of publications
- Color in the Classroom: How American Schools Taught Race, 1900-1954
- The Future of Racially Integrated Schools in Montclair
- Because Race Can't Be Ignore, Education Week commentary
- A Radical Thing, Educational Perspectives on Race in the Age of Obama, TC Record commentary
- Economic Bust, Schools, and Civil Rights, TC Record Commentary
- Out to Debunk the Bunk, Antiracist Teaching in the 1940s and Today, TC Record Commentary