View Profile Page
Born and raised in Seoul, Korea, I graduated from Seoul National University (B.B.A.) and George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School (J.D.). I spent 17 years in accounting, law, management consulting, and multinational firms. With my experience as a vice president in charge of Global Strategy Division, I voluntarily left my professional career and earned my Ph.D. degree from The University of Texas at Dallas. Before joining The Feliciano School of Business, I served as an assistant professor at California State University, Bakersfield.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
- Jung, Y. H., & Kim, K. What if language diversity comes into geographically distributed team?
- Jung, Y. H., & Lee, S. -H. Lobbying to go green: The case of U.S. automakers.
- Jung, Y. H., Eun, J., & Lee, M. Aspiration for price competitiveness behind lobbying for going green.
- Jung, Y. H., Eun, J., & Lee, M. How do managers and employees respond to workplace injury? From self-serving attribution perspective.
- Jung, Y. H., Lee, S. -H., & Baik, Y. -S. How do U.S. firms change lobbying behavior for antidumping protection when private incentives dissipate?
- Jung, Y. H., Zhou, W, & Wu, T. Cultural difference behind motivation and decision-making.
- Nguyen, H. W., Ren, I. Y., & Jung, Y. H. Timing of the ties: The imprinting effect of historical institutional contexts on modern Korean commercial banks-chaebol relationships.
- Sekalala, S., Wu, T., & Jung, Y. H. Project management insights from the Obama administration’s initial implementation of the ACA and the Trump administration’s response to COVID-19.
- Shin, H., Jung, Y. H., & Lee, S. -H. Cost-benefit tradeoff in managing resource dependence through lobbying: A case of the Byrd amendment in antidumping
- Chief Operating Officer (Local job title: Diretor Operação), Mirae Asset Wealth Management (Brazil) CCTVM (2009 - 2013)
- Vice President (Local job title: Director), Mirae Asset Global Investments (2013 - 2014)
- Assistant Professor, California State University, Bakersfield (2018 - 2019)
- Management Consulting, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering. (December 2003 - December 2003). 240 hours (60 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, Korean Air. (November 1997 - February 1998). 800 hours (50 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, Kia Motors. (February 2004 - June 2004). 1400 hours (70 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, Hyundai Motors. (September 2004 - December 2004). 800 hours (50 hours)
- Management Consulting, Samsung C&T. (March 2005 - April 2005). 400 hours (50 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, SK Telecom. (August 2005 - October 2005). 720 hours (60 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, BC Card. (May 2005 - July 2005). 720 hours (60 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, SK Telecom. (August 2007 - September 2007). 400 hours (50 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, SK Holdings. (April 2007 - June 2007). 840 hours (70 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, Kangwon Land. (November 2006 - March 2007). 1000 hours (50 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, SK Holdings. (July 2006 - October 2006). 640 hours (40 hours per week)
- Litigation Expert Consultant/Support, Ministry of Security and Public Administration. (May 2006 - June 2006). 320 hours (40 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, SK Holdings. (February 2006 - April 2006). 840 hours (70 hours per week)
- Management Consulting, TNT. (December 2005 - January 2006). 400 hours (50 hours)
Refereed Published Articles
- Y. Jung, Z. Zhu, H. Nguyen (2021). Revisiting foreign market entry motivations: The case of Korean commercial banks. Cross Cultural & Strategic Management
- H. Nguyen, Z. Zhu, Y. Jung, D. Kim (2021). Determinants of M&A acquisition premium: A social capital perspective. Competitiveness Review: An International Business Journal
- J. Eun, M. Lee, Y. Jung (2023). Green product portfolio and environmental lobbying. Business and Politics
- Y. Zhang, H. Nguyen, Y. Jung, I. Ren (2023). The social media industry: Where is it heading?. Journal of Business Strategy
- M. Lee, Y. Jung, J. Eun (2022). Market performance and the loss aversion behind green management. Journal of General Management
Books & Chapters
- M. Peng, Y. Jung (2018). Foreign Direct Investment Motivated by Institution Shopping. Routledge