View Profile Page
Dr. Parikh earned his Ph.D in Hospitality and Tourism Management at Purdue University. His research interests focus on the areas technology and foodservice; he has successfully published works in Hospitality Review Journal and Journal of Foodservice Business Research. His teaching experience include food and beverage management and hospitality management.
Foodservice, Hospitality technology, Hospitality, User-generated Reviews
- 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Optimization of multi-criteria selection for restaurant locations. We would like to understand the demand estimation and, in turn, restaurant revenues based on competition, socioeconomic factors, and ease of access to the location, along with other factors
- The impact of user-generated reviews on revenues: The Case of Airbnb. This study found this study found that for each additional star an AirBnB listing has, the host is able to charge $28.80 per night more and will also increase their occupancy by one night per month.
- Title:"The Relationship between location and perceived restaurant quality." This paper will use location and review data on Yelp.com to establish if location influence the perception of the restaurant to a customer.
- Retail Manager, HDS Services (2004 - 2004)
- General Manager, PJPA LLC (2004 - 2007)
- Finance Coordinator, Genesis HealthCare (2007 - 2007)
- Teaching Assistant, Purdue University (2007 - 2013)
- Management Consulting, Grupo Melo. (July 2013 - January 2016). Consulting at the executive level on various aspects of foodservice operations for a 400M/Year foodservice operation.
Refereed Published Articles
- A. Parikh, C. Behnke, M. Vorvoreanu, B. Almanza, D. Nelson (2014). Motives for Reading and Articulating User-Generated Restaurant Reviews on Yelp.com. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology
- A. Parikh, D. Nelson (2012). Fat Absorption in Commercial French Fries Depending on Oil Type and Coating. FIU Hospitality Review
- A. Parikh, C. Behnke, D. Nelson, B. Almanza, M. Vorvoreanu (2015). A Qualitative Assessment of Yelp.com Users’ Motivations to Submit and Read Restaurant Reviews. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology
- A. Parikh, C. Behnke (2015). Nutrition Label Formatting: Exploring Customer Perceptions and Behaviors. Journal of Foodservice Business Research
- A. Parikh, C. Behnke, B. Almanza, D. Nelson, M. Vorvoreanu (2017). Comparative Content Analysis of Professional, Semi-Professional and User-Generated Restaurant Review. Journal of Foodservice Business Research
- S. Gordon, A. Parikh (2020). Supporting employee well-being: The case of independent restaurants. Journal of Foodservice Business Research