View Profile Page
I am Professor and Chair of Writing Studies and also teach in the Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies program. My research interests include feminist rhetorical studies and methods, especially ethnography; writing teacher preparation; pedagogical theories and the teaching of writing; feminist and queer theories; community literacy and activist writing/rhetorics; rhetorics of health and medicine. I am the author of two books and editor of an essay collection, and my writing has also appeared widely in professional journals and collections. My book,_Surrender: Feminist Rhetorics and Ethics in Love and Illness_, (Southern Illinois University Press) received the 2020 Conference on College Composition and Communication "Outstanding Book Award" and was also a runner up for the Rhetoric Society of America Book award.
See below for links to book information and professional resources.
Office hours, in addition to those posted below, are also available by appointment.
My areas of specialization fall under the fields of composition and rhetoric, and include: writing teacher preparation, composition theory, community-based and activist writing, feminist rhetorics and research methodologies, and medical rhetorics.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- and by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Studies in Writing and Rhetoric
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- Rhetoric Society of America
- First Semester: Graduate Students, Teaching Writing, and the Challenge of Middle Ground
- Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition
- Unsustainable: Re-Imagining Community Literacy, Public Writing, Service-Learning, and the University
- Surrender: Feminist Rhetoric and Ethics in Love and Illness