View Profile Page
Associate Professor, Economics
- School of Business 554
- BS, Pahlavi University (Iran)
- MA, Roosevelt University
- PhD, CUNY
- Download vCard
Farahmand Rezvani is an associate professor of economics in the Department of Economics, teaching courses in microeconomics, econometrics and MBA level courses such as economic analysis and financial markets and monetary policy. His academic research has focused on economics of crime, economics of offshoring and renewable energy. Dr. Rezvani’s papers have appeared in prestigious journals such as Journal of Mathematical Modeling and proceedings of the International Symposium on Forecasting, Harvard University, Boston.
Dr. Farahmand Rezvani received his Ph.D. degree in economics from Graduate School of the City University of New York, his master from Roosevelt University, Chicago and B.Sc. from Pahlavi University, Shiraz, Iran.
Global Equity Markets
Foreign Trade and Investment
Energy Trends and Opportunities
- 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
- 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
- "Iran Economy Under Economic Sanctions"<br>This is a paper that I am currently working with Dr. Kamrouz Pirouz (retired professor) who is currently in Iran and helping with data and relevant materials.<br>This paper expected to be ready by Fall 2021
- <b>Adam Smith & operation of the Market System</b><br><br><b>This paper looks into the theory of Invisible Hand and the efficiency of the market with no government intervention. Paper further looks at how intervention and price controlling in Iran has created inefficiency and interfere with economic growth.</b>
- <b>THE IMPACT OF EXCHANGE RATE ON THE TRADE BALANCE: THE CASE OF EMERGING ECONOMIES</b><br>This research paper is coauthored with Dr. Glen Rawlins and the results of the paper will be presented at an international conference and the final outcome of the paper will be submitted for publication in 2022
- Iran Economy under Sanctions
- Is There a U.S. Dollar Petroleum Price Nexus? (An Update)<br><br>This paper originally looked into the relation between U.S. dollar and price of oil which had limited number of observations. The current updated version will include more years of observations and contribute to its accuracy and forecast.
- Is there a U.S. Dollar-Petroleum Price Nexus? Paper is under revision using updated data. Paper will be presented in an international conference upon completion.
- Renewable Energy in New Jersey : 21 Century Energy Challenge Preliminary results will be presented in a regional conference this year and final version will be presented at an international conference in 2019
- Renewable Energy: 21st Century Challenge This paper submitted to the International Academy of Business and Economics for presentation at IABE conference Florence Italy June 16- 18, 2016
- Renewable Energy: Northeast Region: 21st Century Challenge<br>This paper looks into investment into renewable energy in the Northeast and currently I am in process of collecting data and reading literature on changing regulations encouraging replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy.
- Renewable Energy: Northeast Region<br>This is an extension on previous paper which was concentrated on state of New Jersey. This paper focus on the Northeast region and progress that is being made through Biden administration to promote green energy. 2021 – 2026
- Renewable Energy: State of New Jersey
- Renewable Energy: State of New Jersey, presented at PEA Conference May 20-22, 2021 at Misericorida University.
- The Impact of High Oil Prices on Iranian Economy
- Associate Professor, Montclair State University (1983 - Present)
- Academic, Professor Bita Kash . (September 1994 - Present). Advising as an econometrician for her grant application submitted to AHRQ (NIH affiliate agency) Spring 2008
Honors & Awards
- Graduate Fellowship, Graduate School of the City Univeristy of New York (September 1982)
- University Fellowship, Graduate School of the City University of New York (September 1979)
- Graduate Fellowship, Roosevelt University (September 1978)
Refereed Published Articles
- F. Rezvani, H. Bonitsis, , , , (2016). Is There a U.S. Dollar-Petroleum Price Nexus? . The International Journal of Finance
- F. Rezvani, Z. Zamanian (2016). RENEWABLE ENERGY A 21ST CENTURY CHALLENGE. California Business Review
- , K. Pirouz, F. Rezvani (2014). Performance of Iran's Economy: 2004-2012. Journal of International Business and Economics
- , F. Rezvani, K. Pirouz (2013). Recent Trends in Income Inequality in the United States. Journal of Business and Educational Leadership
- K. Pirouz, F. Rezvani (2012). Evaluating Iranian Economy: 2000-2010. Review of Business Research
- K. Pirouz, F. Rezvani (2011). Iran's Regional Economic Alliance: an Evaluation. Journal of International Finance & Economics
- K. Pirouz, F. Rezvani (2008). US offshore outsurcing with reference to India. Review of Business Research
- N. Firoz, F. Rezvani (2007). Comparing Interest-Free Banking with Conventional Banking. Ethics & Critical Thinking
- K. Pirouz, F. Rezvani (2007). Iran - China Alliance . The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge
- A. Baytas, S. Leveen, F. Rezvani (2006). A Global Portfolio Allocation Strategy Under Some Practical Constraints. The Business Review, Cambridge
- F. Rezvani (2006). The U.S., Japan in the Global Semiconductor Industry. Journal of American Academy of Business
- F. Rezvani, A. Baytas, S. Leveen (2006). The United States and Japan in the Global Semiconductor Industry. The Journal of American Academy of Business
- N. Firoz, F. Rezvani (2003). Foreign investment opportunities and customs laws in China's Special Economic Zones' . International Journal of Marketing
- F. Rezvani (2002). Why are Crime Rates Going Down? Case of New York City. Journal of Development Alternatives and Area Studies
- A. Baytas, F. Rezvani (1994). Natural Resource Accounting in Ghana. Atlantic Economic Journal
- A. Baytas, F. Rezvani (1993). Forestry Resource Accounts in Ghana: 1970-87.
- A. Meziani, F. Rezvani (1990). Using the AHP to Select a Financing Instrument for a Foreign Investment. Journal of Mathematical Modeling
- , F. Rezvani, K. Pirouz (5s). 2011. Executive Pay: Are U.S. Executive Compensations Justifiable: A Critical Examination Review of Business Research
- F. Rezvani, H. Bonitsis (5s). 2010. Is There a U.S. Dollar – Petroleum Price Nexus? Northeast Business and Economics Association
- F. Rezvani (5s). 1987. A Time Series Analysis of Budget Deficits and Short-Term Interest Rates Proceedings of Seventh International Symposium on forecasting, Harvard University
- F. Rezvani, B. (5s). 1987. An AHP Aproach to the Assessment of Political Risk for Investment in Brazil Proceedings of Seventh International Symposium on forecasting, Harvard University
- F. Rezvani (5s). 1986. An AHP Approach to the Assessment of Political Risk in Argenina Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on forecasting, Harvard University
- F. Rezvani (5s). 1985. Using the AHP Process to Select Investment in a Hetrogenous Environement Proceedings of Fifth International Symposium on forecasting, University of California, Berkeley
Books & Chapters
- F. Rezvani (1997). Economic Determinants of Juvenile Crime.