View Profile Page
Dr. Rigolizzo earned a doctorate degree from Harvard Business School in 2017, following a master’s degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in 2010. She researches the ways in which working adults are empowered to learn thorough the challenges they face in their everyday work. She has developed new models and methodologies to study how employees can learn to learn in dynamic business environments. She also brings her professional training background, along with deep expertise in adult learning, to help her students become better professionals and better learners.
Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Adult Learning, Training and Development, Workplace Learning, Learning Behaviors
- Collaboration to evaluate changes in perspective taking of volunteers in a pen-pal program with incarcerated individuals
- Collaboration with Martha Jeong (The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology) on learning from patterns of success and failure
- Collaboration with Vodafone to examine the learning behaviors of 18-24 year-olds who are undergoing a game-based training on enhancing digital skills.
- Evaluating biases in hiring process of student athletes through the HALO project
- Working Paper: Leading Learning: A field experiment
- Working Paper: Learning Attitudes Mediate Perceptions of Past School Experiences and Current Learning Behavior.
- Manager - Learning & Development, Bristol-Myers Squibb (2007 - 2009)
- Project Analyst - Strategy & Analysis, Bristol-Myers Squibb (2000 - 2006)
- Assistant Professor, Montclair State University (2017 - Present)
- Fellow, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Learning Innovations Laboratory (LILA) (2013 - Present)
- Research Assistant III, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Learning Innovations Laboratory (LILA) (2012 - 2013)
- Learning Advisor, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield NJ (2010 - 2011)
Refereed Published Articles
- M. Rigolizzo (2022). Learning in a hybrid world: New methods for a new Workplace. Journal of Business Strategy
- M. Rigolizzo, Z. Zhu, J. Harvey (2022). Leader Humility, Perceived Leader Authenticity and Informal Learning: How Humble Leaders Model Everyday Workplace Learning. Journal of Workplace Learning
- M. Rigolizzo, Z. Zhu, A. Cruz (2021). The Influence of Past Situations on Present Behaviors: How School Life Predicts Managerial Learning. Journal of Workplace Learning
- M. Rigolizzo, Z. Zhu (2021). The Ebb and Flow of Learning Motivation: The Differentiated Impact of the Implicit Theory of Intelligence on Learning Behaviors. Human Resource Development Quarterly
- M. Rigolizzo (2018). The LABS (Learning As Behaviors) Framework for Higher-Order Learning. The Learning Organization
- M. Rigolizzo, Z. Zhu (2020). Motivating Reflection Habits and Raising Employee Awareness of Learning. Evidence-based HRM
- M. Rigolizzo (2019). Ready and Willing to Learn: Exploring Personal Antecedents to Taking on Learning Challenges. Journal of Workplace Learning
- M. Rigolizzo, Z. Zhu (5s). 2021. Leading Employee Learning Academy of Management Proceedings
- M. Rigolizzo (5s). 2019. The Learning Behaviors Measure: A Behavioral Measure of Self-Directed Learning Academy of Management Proceedings
- M. Rigolizzo, K. Roloff (5s). 2018. The Role of Learning Orientation in the Process of Learning Academy of Management
- M. Rigolizzo, Z. Zhu (5s). 2020. The Ebb and Flow of Learning Motivation Academy of Management Proceedings
Books & Chapters
- M. Rigolizzo, T. Amabile (2015). Entrepreneurial Creativity: The Role of Learning Processes and Work Environment Supports..