View Profile Page
Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Richardson Hall 225R
- Download vCard
My group aims to address a range of fundamental and applied problems in polymer and material science employing our expertise in monomer/polymer synthesis, nanoscale characterizations, and material design.
Recent Publications (From Montclair State University):
(1) Sarkar A.;, May, R.; Valmonte, Z.; Marbella, L. E. PolarClean & Dimethyl Isosorbide: Green Matches in Formulating Cathode Slurry. Energy Adv., 2022, 1, 671-676. (With Cover)
(2) Buken, O.; Mancini, K.; Sarkar A. A Sustainable Approach to Cathode Delamination Using A Green Solvent. RSC Adv. 2021, 11, 27356-27368.
Representative publications from post-doc & PhD:
(1) Sarkar, A.; May, R; Ramesh, S.; Chang, W.; Marbella L. E. Recovery and Reuse of Composite Cathode Binder in Lithium Ion Battery. ChemistryOpen 2021, 10(5), 545-552.
(2) Sarkar, A.; Edson, C.; Tian, D.; Fink, T.; Cianciotti, K.; Gross, R.; Bae, C.; Zha, R. H. Rapid Synthesis of Silk-Like Polymers Facilitated by Microwave Irradiation and Click Chemistry. Biomacromolecules 2021, 22(1), 95-105.
(3) Sarkar, A.; Thyagarajan, A.; Cole A.; Stefik, M. Widely Tunable Persistent Micelle Templates via Homopolymer Swelling. Soft Matter 2019, 15, 5193-5203.
(4) Sarkar, A.; Evans, L.; Stefik, M. Expanded Kinetic Control for Persistent Micelle Templates with solvent Selection. Langmuir 2018, 34(20), 5738-5749.
(5) Sarkar, A.; Stefik, M. How To Make Persistent Micelle Templates in 24 Hours and Know It USing X-Ray Scattering. Journal of Material Chemistry A 2017, 5, 11840-11853.
PI: NSF ERI, "Underlying Interfacial Phenomena in PFAS-Polymer Sorbent Adsorption", CBET-2138438, 02/14/2022-01/31/2024 $194,025.
(1) Nature-inspired polymers synthesis & their uses in advanced energy material fabrications
(2) Green solvent exploration in Li ion battery recycling
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Montclair State does not endorse the views or opinions expressed in a faculty member's webpage or website. Consistent with the principles of academic freedom, the content provided is that of the author and does not express the opinions or views of Montclair State University.