Options for Students During All Four Years and Beyond!
The Center for Career Services & Cooperative Education, located in Morehead Hall is the central university office that assists undeclared students and alumni with career counseling and provides resources to advance all our students' career development. Each College and the School of Business has a designated Director of Career Services who works with students who have declared a specific major. These college and school Career Services offices provide assistance to students regarding career development, advising and cooperative education.
Please contact your College or School’s career office for more information:
- CART Career Services
- CEHS Career Services
- CHSS Career Services
- CSAM Career Services
- SBUS Career Services
Additionally, Montclair State University offers a number of online and in-person resources to help students with their career needs from first year to graduation. Check out the following:
- Career Directions – If you are looking for an on-campus or off-campus position, take a look at Montclair State University’s online job board. By registering, you have access to part-time, full-time and internship postings.
- Focus-2 - A self-paced, online career and education planning tool, Focus-2 enables you to assess your individual values, skills and interests and explore career fields and majors of study that are compatible with your assessment results.
- Optimal Resume - A comprehensive online system, Optimal Resume provides interactive tools to help you create an effective resume, cover letter, thank you letter and online portfolio, as well as an online interviewing tool for virtual interview practice
- Vault’s Career Insider - Vault gives you career advice and information on industries and specific organizations. In addition it gives you access to career and professional discussion boards, industry and profession profiles as well as thousands of user-generated reviews on professions and employers
- What can I do with this major? Research this comprehensive list of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities related to your major.