Options for Students During All Four Years and Beyond!
The Center for Career Services & Cooperative Education assists undeclared students and alumni with career counseling and provides resources to advance all our students' career development.
Each College has a designated Director of Career Services who works with students who have declared a major. These Career Services offices provide assistance to students regarding career development, advising and cooperative education.
Please contact your College or School’s career office for more information:
- College of the Arts
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Science and Mathematics
- Feliciano School of Business
Additionally, Montclair State University offers a number of online and in-person resources to help students with their career needs from first year to graduation. Check out the following:
- Career Directions – If you are looking for an on-campus or off-campus position, take a look at Montclair State University’s online job board. By registering, you have access to part-time, full-time and internship postings.
- Focus-2 - A self-paced, online career and education planning tool, Focus-2 enables you to assess your individual values, skills and interests and explore career fields and majors of study that are compatible with your assessment results.
- Optimal Resume - A comprehensive online system, Optimal Resume provides interactive tools to help you create an effective resume, cover letter, thank you letter and online portfolio, as well as an online interviewing tool for virtual interview practice
- What can I do with this major? Research this comprehensive list of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities related to your major.