Child Advocacy, M.A. - Online
The Center for Child Advocacy (CHAD) is proud to present its exemplary programs in Child Advocacy and Policy.
The Online Master of Arts in Child Advocacy and Policy will offer students an applied course of study in child advocacy. As an emerging field, child advocacy includes an understanding of parts of several disciplines: psychology, sociology, law. However, it is a field where the whole is equal to more than the sum of its parts. Briefly stated, this program aims to provide:
- A comprehensive view of the field of child advocacy that includes both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary components.
- A particular understanding of the intricacies of the public child welfare system.
- Competencies in knowledge, methods, and applications needed for careers and professional development in the field of child advocacy.
What to expect as you move towards attaining your degree:
- 3 terms per year (Fall, Spring, and Summer)
- 2 sessions per term
- 1 course per session
- 7 1/2 week courses
- Blending of theory and practice
- Interaction between your peers and faculty
- Student support services including online access to library resources, Tier II technical support, and career advisement.
Currently, our online programs are available to students in New Jersey, New York, Georgia, Texas, Idaho, Utah and North Dakota.