Student Recreation Center
The Student Recreation Center opened in 2008, and serves as the campus's hub for health, wellness, fitness, and community service. The Student Recreation Center is free of charge to all Montclair State Students as long as they have a valid Montclair State University ID.
Features of the 77,000-square-foot building include but are not limited to:
- 2-court gymnasium
- 10,000 sq. ft. of dedicated fitness space that is frequently updated with new equipment
- 2 racquetball courts
- 2 multipurpose rooms
- 25-yard / 6-lane heated indoor pool
- locker rooms and showers
- equipment available for rent and for purchase
- elevated indoor track
- multiple lounge areas with free wi-fi, TV’s, and gaming consoles
Events and programs offered by The Department of Campus Recreation include but are not limited to:
- Free group exercise classes
- Swim lessons for students and for children
- Personal training opportunities
- Intramural sports
- Club sports
- Outdoor activities and trips
- Bike rental program
- Student-run organization called RecBoard
- Special events year-round
Please check our calendar of events for a full list of all events and programs provided to you by Campus Recreation
Hours of Operation
Fall & Spring Semester:
- Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 12 Midnight
- Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 12 Midnight
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Weekends: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact The Department of Campus Recreation at 973-655-3340