Who should be a film minor?
- English majors who want to learn more about the increasing influence of visual culture, adaptations and interactive media in modern literature.
- Aspiring filmmakers and other artists interested in the historical development of film as an art form.
- Future teachers who plan to show films in the classroom.
- Humanities and Social Science students who are interested in the role of film in their discipline.
- Broadcasting and Theater majors whose careers may involve film.
What are the benefits of a film minor?
- You will develop the skills to critically interrogate (rather than passively consume) media culture.
- You will gain a better awareness of the ethical and ideological dimensions of filmmaking and spectatorship.
- You will learn about the historical precedents and cultural contexts for film styles, genres and stories.
How do I become a film minor?
- Email Dr. Art Simon at email@example.com
- Visit the English department office at Dickson Hall 468.