Information Technology (MS), Concentration in Applied Information Technology (PSM) – ONLINE – STEM Designated Degree Program
The Master of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in Applied Information Technology (Professional Science Master’s) is an innovative graduate degree providing advanced training in the study, design, development, implementation, testing and support of applications of computing and communication technologies. The Applied IT concentration provides learners an enterprise perspective that focuses on the management and implementation of information technology to support today’s business, industry or government work environments. Students will learn how communications, management, legal considerations and other workplace skills highly valued by employers are integrated with information technology to facilitate successful application of technology in an organization.
Along with the Information Technology with a concentration in Applied Information Technology online degree, the department also offers an Information Technology (MS) degree.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: August 5th.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Information Technology (MS), Concentration in Applied Information Technology (PSM) – ONLINE program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended
- Essays/Personal Statement: Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions.
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career?
- Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Letters of Recommendation: Two
- Resume: Required
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
For the MS in Information Technology with a concentration in Applied Information Technology, students must complete 33 credit hours. Courses are offered sequentially during the fall, spring, and summer. For additional information, please visit the Information Technology program listing in the University Catalog
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact Information Technology (MS), Concentration in Applied Information Technology (PSM) – ONLINE Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*