The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is obligated to ensure that its candidate and member institutions comply with accreditation-relevant federal regulations. In order to demonstrate Montclair State University’s compliance with these federal regulations a Compliance Working Group was formed to address the following areas:
- Student identity verification in distance and correspondence education.
- Transfer of credit policies and articulation agreements.
- Title IV program responsibilities.
- Institutional records of student complaints.
- Required information for students and the public.
- Standing with state and other accrediting agencies.
- Contractual relationships.
- Assignment of credit hours.
The members of the working group were:
- Steve Johnson (Chair)
- Yanling Sun
- Barbara Ritola
- Catherine Boscher-Murphy
- Shannon Gary
- Melissa Harris
- Leslie Sutton-Smith