Photo of College Hall at Montclair State University
Presidential Search Communications

Presidential Search Update

Posted in: Presidential Search

December 10, 2020

Dear Montclair State University Community:

I am delighted to report that recruitment for the University’s next President has begun in earnest. Today, we published a presidential search website, which includes a Leadership Profile describing the role, outlining the qualities and qualifications the Board of Trustees seeks, and providing candidates with detailed information about the University.

I would like to thank the members of the search committee, trustees, senior leadership, and others who contributed their best thinking to the development of the profile. I am confident that it will help us attract an outstanding pool of well-qualified candidates.

I invite the entire University community to recommend possible candidates, in confidence. Please send all candidate suggestions to the university’s consultants, John Thornburgh, Robin Mamlet and Alejandra Gillette-Teran of WittKieffer, at MontclairStatePresident@wittkieffer.com.

Questions about the search process may be directed to presidentialsearch@montclair.edu.

I send my very best wishes to all for a happy, safe, and healthy holiday season.

Sincerely,
Dr. Francis Cuss
Chair, Montclair State University Board of Trustees