View Profile Page
- Center for Computing and Information Science 425J
- BA, William Smith College
- MS, New York University
- PhD, University of Chicago
- Download vCard
I teach mathematics education and mathematics to undergraduates and prospective and practicing teachers. My publications (some co-authored with students and teachers) focus on classroom description and appear in research and practitioner journals and books. I am particularly interested in how students' novel mathematical observations can be nurtured and supported in classroom problem solving.
Since 2010, I have been working in transforming courses to online and hybrid settings, while upholding constructivist teaching and learning principles in the process.
For more information about our undergraduate and graduate mathematics education programs, including our Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics programs, please see the Links section below.
Mathematics teacher education, Constructivism and use of student ideas in mathematics teaching, Online teaching, Teacher beliefs and knowledge.
Montclair State does not endorse the views or opinions expressed in a faculty member's webpage or website. Consistent with the principles of academic freedom, the content provided is that of the author and does not express the opinions or views of Montclair State University.
- My Home Page
- Undergraduate Mathematics Education Program
- Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics Certificate Program
- Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics MA Program
- PhD in Mathematics Education
- Mathematics Education Concentration MS Program
- Explore my research at Research with Montclair
- Explore my research at Research with New Jersey