View Profile Page
I teach mathematics education and mathematics to undergraduates and prospective and practicing teachers. My publications (some co-authored with students and teachers) focus on classroom description and appear in research and practitioner journals and books. I am particularly interested in how students' novel mathematical observations can be nurtured and supported in classroom problem solving.
Since 2010, I have been working in transforming courses to online and hybrid settings, while upholding constructivist teaching and learning principles in the process.
For more information about our undergraduate and graduate mathematics education programs, including our Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics programs, please see the Links section below.
Mathematics teacher education, Constructivism and use of student ideas in mathematics teaching, Online teaching, Teacher beliefs and knowledge.
- My Home Page
- Undergraduate Mathematics Education Program
- Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics Certificate Program
- Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics MA Program
- PhD in Mathematics Education
- Mathematics Education Concentration MS Program
- Explore my research at Research with Montclair
- Explore my research at Research with New Jersey