As a Red Hawk Fellow, students will get access to inclusive and personalized academic, personal, and life skills support to succeed while at MSU and beyond graduation. Students will have unique access to support services such as intentional academic advisement, career development planning, personal development and life skills education. We do this by providing:
- 1-1 mentoring and personal development coaching.
- On campus referrals to campus partners: Career Services, Center for Student Involvement, Health Center, Student Recreation, Financial Aid, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Disability Resource Center.
- Access to all year housing through our S.T.E.P.S program. A program uniquely designed for students to work towards degree completion, build skills, generate income, live on campus, engage in required career development and participate in life skills education.
- Referral to Community Resources such as housing programs, shelters, and Government based resources.
- Social programs, activities, and workshops (e.g., budgeting, how-to-find an apartment, healthy relationships, how-to-apply for Financial Aid and Graduate School.)
- Field trips (e.g., Six Flags, sporting events, Go-cart racing, museums, etc.)
- Community building meals to celebrate holidays and special events, e.g., Friendsgiving, Giving Tree, Winter Break, and Commencement.