The experiences which students personally gain through participation in co-curricular activities help them meet friends, clarify values, apply classroom learning, gain a sense of accomplishment, develop role models and learn to work cooperatively with others. These experiences not only reinforce personal development and contributions during a student’s education at Montclair State University but also provide skills, behaviors and insights for use throughout life. Browse our site for further information on the opportunities to get involved with the Montclair State University community.
The Center for Student Involvement is the campus department that supports student organizations at Montclair State. We are here to help groups operate successfully on campus and to support the educational experience which organizations provide for student members – as well as the entire campus community.
Each year hundreds of important programs and services are offered by student organizations at Montclair State. Student organizations play an integral role in the quality of the campus environment and the educational process for students, faculty, staff and the community at large. Their programs directly enhance and support academic and career preparation, cultural diversity and awareness, campus tradition, public service, leadership, personal growth and a greater understanding of the world around us.
Who We Are
Civic and Voter Engagement
- The Office of Civic and Voter Engagement at Montclair State University provides students with the necessary resources to register to vote and learn about issues at stake in upcoming elections. This office is housed in the Center for Student Involvement and has partnered with the Andrew Goodman Foundation in its efforts. The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Vote Everywhere is a nonpartisan, experiential program that recruits, trains and supports emerging leaders at colleges and universities across the country.
- The Office of Commuter Life provides a variety of services, programs, advocacy, research and outreach for commuter students. Be on the lookout for programs especially for commuter students!
- The organizations of Greek Life maintain the tenants of leadership, scholarship, service and friendship. Get involved in a fraternity or sorority and see what it’s all about!
Student Activities & Weekend Programming
- The Office of Student Activities offers afternoon, night and weekend events including open mic and karaoke nights, concerts, Broadway trips and movie nights. There are at least four programs happening every Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the fall and spring semesters.
- Do you love to lend a helping hand? Through community service days, blood drives, alternative spring break trips and so much more, we encourage you to get involved with the Volunteer Center and make a difference in our community.