About the Center for the Digital Humanities
The Digital Media CoLab (CoOperative Laboratory) looks to create an agile and responsive environment for both well-defined and supportable needs as well as innovative projects where the goals or outcomes are not as well-defined. The mantra for the DMcL will be “Support and Innovate”. The concept behind the Digital Media CoLab has its roots in the NYC CoLab as well as a more modern definition of individual collaboration or a collaboratory.
- Support faculty with their digital media needs for teaching and research
- support for digital media needs: graphics, photo, video, etc
- support for current and future projects with well-defined needs
- support for innovative projects or efforts with less well-defined goals
- Utilize design thinking (define, ideate, prototype, test, reflect, repeat), principles of good learning design, and Schon’s reflective practice (reflection-in-action, reflection-on-action) as a foundation for advising and supporting the DMcL’s projects
- Create a hybrid workspace, designed to help student prepare for a fast-changing, rapidly-growing highly digital, distributed/remote/hybrid workforce
We’re hiring NOW for Fall 2020!
Join the #cdh_msu team by applying to a federal work study (FWS) position or any of the seven co-op internships we have to offer. If you have any background OR INTEREST in technology, you should apply now! Interviews will be conducted through Zoom. Click here to apply today!