About the Center for the Digital Humanities
The Digital Media CoLab (CoOperative Laboratory) looks to create an agile and responsive environment for both well-defined and supportable needs as well as innovative projects where the goals or outcomes are not as well-defined. The mantra for the DMcL will be “Support and Innovate”. The concept behind the Digital Media CoLab has its roots in the NYC CoLab as well as a more modern definition of individual collaboration or a collaboratory.
- Support faculty with their digital media needs for teaching and research
- support for digital media needs: graphics, photo, video, etc
- support for current and future projects with well-defined needs
- support for innovative projects or efforts with less well-defined goals
- Utilize design thinking (define, ideate, prototype, test, reflect, repeat), principles of good learning design, and Schon’s reflective practice (reflection-in-action, reflection-on-action) as a foundation for advising and supporting the DMcL’s projects
- Create a hybrid workspace, designed to help student prepare for a fast-changing, rapidly-growing highly digital, distributed/remote/hybrid workforce
Visit Our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe and follow the CHSS Digital Media CoLab
Visit our YouTube Channel and where you can find our collaborative projects and segments! Coffee Talk is an episodic discussion series that is produced by the CHSS Digital Media CoLab and hosted by DMcL director AJ Kelton. This series discusses a wide range of topics with several guest speakers and will be streamed to our Youtube channel. Sit back, grab a cup, & join us!